Skip to main content

Sunday

Yesterday, i woke on Tybee Island at around 7 am everyone else in the house had woke earlyer to see the sun rise  at the beach.  I got my things together and loaded most all of it into the car.  I left the car key on the desk in the entry and went to breackfast one last time at the breakfast club.  By this time they had come to see me as a familiar face.   I walked back to the beach cottage one last time and met up with lynne rebeca and ben who had finished packing things up.  We got on the road around 8:30 am we flew into atlanta at about 1:50 pm and purchased georga aquariam tickets.  WE SAW WHALE SHARKS!  After that we were all feeling a bit zonked.  Next,  Rebecca and Ben and I finally got to meet all of lynne's family and we got to see where she grew up.  It was fun to meet them, and understand through meeting them who Lynne is just a little bit more.  We had pizza, and sat and talked for a while.  We got to the hotel about 11:30 ish and did a final zonked goodnight and went to sleep.  

We are back on the road again today and are hoping to be home in about an hour fourty five or 2 hours.  We are exited to see our kitties!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

camp fires

why is it that when there is a camp fire, I can't seem to stop staring into the flame? I always wonder that every Autumn when it's time to build camp fires and roast marshmallows, and hot dogs. It is my favorite time of the year though, and I get exited and lonely and peaceful and restless all at the same time. I get exited to see the leaves turn colors, and for the temperature to be cooler, I get lonely and long to share the season with someone, that someone being a husband. At the same time I find myself feeling a sense of peace, and calm, and at other times I feel restless, a longing for a new adventure. All of these thoughts went through my mind this evening as I sat next to the fire, with the brother and sister hood of the fellowship of the bride singing songs laughing, throwing marshmallow it was great fun. Thank you Father for the joy there is in being a part of your family.

words don't come

Here I am again, standing with a group of peers. I listen as the topic of the evening is discussed and pondered everyone seems to have a thought about it, except me. The truth is I do have thoughts about this subject, in fact I have questions too. Only I never communicate my thoughts or questions, well, I guess never is going too far, I hardly ever speak the things on my heart or head. For when I do, my tough gets in the way, or the thought seems to leave my head. What comes out Of my mouth, most of the time shocks even me, because most of the time it wasn't what I wanted to say. I have began to think that maybe I should just shut up. It is so frustrating to want to say something, or express a feeling and all that comes out is meaningless and confusing for anyone else who hears it. Will this ever end? will my brain and my mouth ever work well together? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!, well that worked.

wet pavement.

Remember that song we used to sing when we were kids, the one we sang when we wanted to go frolic in the out doors but we didn't because it was raining. Rain rain go away come again some other day. Or the one about the old man, It's raining it's poring the old man is snoring, he got out of bed and bumped his head and couldn't get up in the morning. Why did we sing those songs, I mean what happen to the old man? I remember, a few times, during the summer when I was a kid my parents would let us play in the rain. This sounds strange I think, but I like the smell of wet pavement, and I used to lay on it face up eyes closed, every other sense awake. The side walk would be warm from the summer sun of the day, and the rain falling on me would be cool. I remember thinking this is so beautiful God. To know God, is to really experience life, in a vivid sort of way, to have every sense, AWAKE.