Skip to main content

beauty in the beast

this evening, I paused at the kithen window. I paused, because there were big soft slow moving snow flakes falling from the sky. they gently blanketed the ground, giving me a feeling of warmth, dispite the cold right outside my door. If we had not sinned, do you think there still would have been snow?, or is there more glory for God in the seemedly cold harsh sin filled world that we chose? Is there beauty in the beast?

Comments

Anonymous said…
*sigh*
that was a really cool and profound observation. you really caused me to stop and think! one of the "divine paradoxes" in life is that because of the grace of Jesus Christ, there is "beauty in the beast".

awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

He desires to know what I think and feel.

The kind of man that I want to marry, will respect and value my thoughts and feelings about life, and just stuff. I know, that at times he won't meet that need and I know that I won't always meet his needs the way they should be met, but here's the thing, If we are both pursuing God we can know that He is the one who is going to meet all our needs. I can know that the man that I am married too is not perfect yet, and that God is still working to create the man that he intended. what does it mean for husbands to respect their wives, I think it means, that before they make decisions about things, they should consider what God might be saying to her about the event, or situation. What does it mean for wives to submit and respect their husband, well I am not entirely sure but, maybe part of submit and respect for husbands is letting them know by your actions that you trust Him to make the final call, and in that you submit your will to his, or the truth is when this happens and...

wet pavement.

Remember that song we used to sing when we were kids, the one we sang when we wanted to go frolic in the out doors but we didn't because it was raining. Rain rain go away come again some other day. Or the one about the old man, It's raining it's poring the old man is snoring, he got out of bed and bumped his head and couldn't get up in the morning. Why did we sing those songs, I mean what happen to the old man? I remember, a few times, during the summer when I was a kid my parents would let us play in the rain. This sounds strange I think, but I like the smell of wet pavement, and I used to lay on it face up eyes closed, every other sense awake. The side walk would be warm from the summer sun of the day, and the rain falling on me would be cool. I remember thinking this is so beautiful God. To know God, is to really experience life, in a vivid sort of way, to have every sense, AWAKE.

A waterfall

A water fall, It drowns out other noise, even your own noisy thoughts, Pease comes even in crazy, deep breaths are often. Prayer, it drowns out other noise, even your own noisy thoughts, Pease comes even in crazy, deep breaths are often.